Carrot and Coriander Soup
Serves 4-6 (depending on how hungry you are!)
2 small onions
6 medium carrots
tin of plum tomatoes
clove or two garlic
handul chopped coriander
splash of cream or creme fraiche
- Finely chop the onions and crush the garlic
- Melt the butter in a pan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Grate the carrots (I use my food processor for this, as I strangely detest grating by hand!)
- Add carrots and tomatoes to onion mixture. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Whizz with a hand blender to desired consistency.
- Add chopped coriander, and splash of cream or creme fraiche.
- Serve - ideally with garlic bread. Though crusty bread would do just as well.
No complaints from the fussy family when presented this. Oh, apart from MacMan wanting it to be blended to a smoother consistency. Clearly he'd forgotten to put his teeth in!