Anyway, today's supper was a continuation of the use -up . MacMan made us a lovely cooked breakfast on the BBQ yesterday morning. As usual, he cooked too many sausages. I also had cream to use up, and a punnet of mushrooms that wouldn't do well if left another day. I had a quick look in my pasta cookbook, and with some inspiration made a sort of carbonara - only with mushrooms and sausages rather than bacon and peas!
Creamy Sausage and mushroom pasta
8-10 mushrooms thinly sliced
3-4 cooked sausages, sliced
200 ml double cream
handful grated fresh parmesan cheese
Sufficient pasta per person. I used 250g which was plenty for 2 adults and 2 kids.
- Finely chop the onion and saute gently in the butter for about 5 mins, add the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook gently for another 5 minutes
- In the meantime put the pasta onto cook.
- Pour in the double cream and add the sausages.
- Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Add beaten egg to the sauces, and stir until sauce is thickened. Stir in grated parmesan. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta (now cooked) and add to sauce mixture.
- Serve - with extra grated parmesan if desired, and ground black pepper.