Makes 12 standard size
350g (about 3 medium) kumara, peeled
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup wholemeal flour (I used all plain, as I keep forgetting to buy wholemeal)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
t tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
2 eggs, beaten
100g butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
- Cook kumara until tender. Mash, and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Sieve together flours, baking powder and soda, spices and salt. Add sugar. Stir in raisins and kumara.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, butter and milk.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Combine together.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan, either greased or lined with cases.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.