Lemon and poppy seed muffins
Makes 12 standard size
2 cups SP flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp poppy seeds
grated rind 2 lemons
100g butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Sieft flour. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add poppy seeds and lemon rind.
- Beat melted butter, eggs, and milk together (I didn't have quite enough milk, so made difference up with lemon juice).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until muffin springs back when pressed with a finger.
- While muffins are baking, mix the lemon juice and sugar together. As soon as the muffins are out of the oven, brush the tops with the mixture.
- Cool on a rack (if you can wait that long!)