Lemon and white chocolate muffins
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbs finely shredded lemon peel
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup butter melted
1/2 cup white chocolate chunks pieces
1 tsp lemon essence
- Preheat oven to 200C. Prepare muffin pan with papers or by greasing.
- Mix flour, sugar, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl or jug, combine eggs, yogurt, lemon juice and essence, and melted butter. Add all at once to flour mixture, stir just until moistened.
- Stir in white chocolate. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake at 200C for 20 min. Cool on rack in pan 5 min then turn out.