Tuesday, 27 February 2007

Jamie Oliver's Traybaked Chicken Maryland

My granny used to make chicken Maryland for us when we stayed with her for holidays when I was a little girl. We used to love it, and it was especially a favourite for my big sister (who is now vegan, though I don't think it was overdosing on chicken Maryland that did it!!).

Jamie O's version is traybaked, rather than fried like the traditional one. So in theory it should be a bit healthier. However, this one is cooked in double cream and wine - so it's not exactly low fat!!

I'll definitely be cooking this again. Stuffing the chicken with banana may sound a little odd, but works hugely well. All The Family enjoyed this - even the Princess, and Twirly Boy asked for seconds. I drained off the creamy liquor and will use it in place of plain chicken stock for a risotto I'm cooking tomorrow.

Jamie Oliver's Traybaked Chicken Maryland

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very useful advice within this post!
It's the little changes that will make the most significant changes. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my web blog; mfortune

Anonymous said...

google law firm

Anonymous said...

Great post! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site.
Keep up the good writing.

Feel free to surf to my web site; medal of honor ea

Anonymous said...

I visited many web sites except the audio feature for audio songs current at this website is genuinely excellent.


Here is my web-site :: password hacking software