This is another recipe from Cafe Collection by Julie le Clerc. It caught my eye as it involves several of my favourite foods - sweet potato, red onions and grainy mustard.
Sweet potato roasted with lemon, red onions and spices
4 medium kumara (sweet potato), peeled
2 lemons, cut into wedges
2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
12 whole cloves garlic
4 bay leaves
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut kumara into small wedges, and par boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain well. Place kumara, onions. garlic cloves, lemon, and bay leaves in a roasting dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, and pour over vegetables. Toss well to coat.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until kumara tender and golden brown.
- Can be served hot or cold.