Be warned, cooking with kids and chocolate is not for the faint hearted!!
Makes 12 brownies
50g cocoa powder
225g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g self-raising flour
50g chocolate cut up or two cut up mars bars
A lot of love and a good mood
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/GM4
- Melt the butter then add the cocoa powder stirring well to remove any lumps.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl
- Add the sugar and mix until smooth
- Stir in the cocoa mixture and the vanilla essence
- Gradually add the flour, stirring until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate or cut up mars bars.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with paper and place in the oven for about 25 minutes. Then turn the oven down about 20 degrees and bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
- When done the brownies should be crisp on the top and soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting up.