Saturday 6 January 2007

Tana Ramsay

I took delivery of Tana Ramsay's Family Kitchen yesterday. I ordered it from amazon in the UK, as it's not published over here yet. Frustratingly, the Christmas post delays meant that it took about two weeks to arrive.
So far it looks really good. I've been looking for a family cook book to accompany my bible 'Jamie's Dinners', and I think this will do nicely. I find I so easily get into a rut, and I don't want our week to be 'Tuesday, so lasagne for dinner'!
I have lots of lovely recipe books, but I was looking for something that would give me inspiration for our regular family meals, rather than the fancy cooking a lot of books seem to concentrate on.
I tend to plan our weeks menu before doing the weekly shop - it saves waste, but also means that I have the right ingredients!! And this week's menu is solely taken from this new book, in an effort to give it a really good try out.

No comments: