Jamie Oliver's risotto ai funghi a prezzemolo
Mushroom and parsley risotto
For a basic risotto bianco
1 l of stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
a knob butter
1 large onion - finely chopped
2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
1/2 head of celery, trimmed and finely chopped
400g Risotto rice
2 wine glasses full of dry white wine
salt and pepper
70 g butter
115g parmesan – grated
For the funghi e prezemolo
200g wild mushrooms - cleaned and torn
salt and pepper
1 bulb garlic - separated in individual cloves, peeled and cut in half
1 bunch fresh thyme
1 tablespoon butter
1 bunch fresh parsley - very finely chopped
- Step one: Bring the stock to a boil. In another pot heat the butter and olive oil together and add the chopped onion, celery and garlic. On a low heat cook very gently for 15 minutes without colouring. Add the rice and turn up the heat.
- Step Two: Keep stirring the rice while it cooks and turns translucent. After a minute, add the wine. It will smell amazing!
- Step Three: Once this has evaporated, add a ladle full of the stock. Stir well and add a touch of salt. Reduce the temperature so that the rice doesn't cook too quickly. Now, keep adding ladle full of stock, allow the rice to soak this up and stirring every now and then. When the rice has soaked the liquid add another ladle full. This whole process takes approx. 15 minutes. Check the rice to see if cooked. If not, add more stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite. Season to taste.
- Step Four:Take the pot off the heat and add the butter and parmesan cheese. Mix well and cover.
The wild mushroom mixture:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Around the end of preparing Step Three (above) you should begin with the preparation of the mushroom mixture. Heat an ovenproof pan and add some olive oil. Fry the mushrooms for approx. 1-2 minutes until they begin to colour. Season, and add the garlic thyme and butter and mix altogether.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast the mushrooms for 6 minutes or so.
- At stage 4 of the risotto recipe, stir in all of the parsley to give a great colour and smell. Chop half of the roasted mushrooms and stir into the risotto. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice to balance the flavours.
- Serve up the risotto, and sprinkle over the remaining mushrooms. Serve with grated parmesan.