Anyway, Twirly Boy is back at school tomorrow. The summer holidays are finally over. These wee bars will be great for packed lunches.
Makes 24 squares
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup rice krispies
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 tbsp cocoa powder
395g can light condensed milk
2 tbsp runny honey
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 27cm X 18cm X 3cm tin with baking paper.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour condensed milk and runny honey into a saucepan (preferably non-stick). Bring to the boil over a low heat stirring all the time. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot condensed milk mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into the tin, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars in tin while still warm. Leave to cool in tin.