Tuesday 20 February 2007

Potato and Lentil Curry

This month's cover of Taste magazine caught my eye, declaring 'Chic dining on a shoestring'. The feature gives a week's menu, with all of the dishes apparently costing under $20NZ (about £7.50) for a family of four.
Most of my planned menu for the following week is taken from this feature. Anything that helps ease the purse strings is welcome, and the recipes sound delicious too!

Potato and Lentil Curry
Serves 4
I chose this particular recipe first as it required tomatoes and lentils. I had quite a lot of the salsa and lentil mixtures left over from yesterday's Jamie Oliver dish. So I didn't follow the recipe from the magazine to the letter, but used it as inspiration! I added half a teaspoon or so of each garam masala, cumin, ground coriander, and paprika to the oil as I wasn't using 'Indian Spiced' tomatoes. I also added a tin of coconut milk to make my rather spicey curry acceptable to Twirly Boy.

No comments: