Saturday 6 January 2007

Cheese and Ham Muffins

As I've said previously, I love making muffins. So easy, and very versatile. So I was keen to give these ones a go. Oh, and I'd not made any bread for sandwiches. Doh!

Cheese and Ham Muffins
Makes 12 standard size


300g SR flour
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
75g butter
6 slices honey roast ham chopped into 1cm pieces ( I used bacon, as that's what we had!)
185g cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg
250 milk
6tbsp finely grated parmesan to sprinkle on the top

  • Preheat oven to 190C
  • Prepare muffin tin, either by greasing or with papers
  • Sieve the flour, paprika and mustard powder into a large mixing bowl. (I used grainy mustard, not powder, so mixed it in later).
  • Mix butter, eggs and milk together in a food processor. I also added my cooked bacon at this point, so that it was really finely chopped throughout the mixture. The recipe actually called for 1cm pieces to be added along with the cheese. You decide what you prefer!
  • Add cheese to flour mixture, and ham if not added already.
  • Stir in butter/milk etc mixture.Spoon into the muffin cases.
  • Bake for 20 minutes.
  • Cool on a wire cooling rack.

They were a big hit, and got wolfed down by Twirly Boy. Even the Princess of Power managed one!

No comments: