I chose this particular recipe as it had green beans in. Our lovely neighbour has just given us a huge bag of beans from his garden, so I've been looking for suitable recipes.
Chicken Laska is a Malaysian recipe. Strictly speaking, it's a soup. I left out the chicken stock stipulated, and served it as a curry instead. I'm not at all experienced in cooking Malaysian food, so apart from leaving out the chicken stock, I stuck to the recipe exactly. It was very simple - and really tasty.
4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1-2 tsp thai sweet chilli sauce
100g green beans cut into 2inch pieces
1 tin coconut milk
750ml chicken stock (if you want a soupy consistency; leave out if you want a curry)
1 tbsp fish sauce
- Slice chicken into strips and stir fry in the oil, in a wok or non stick pan.
- Remove chicken from pan, and set aside in a plate.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli sauce to the pan. Toss in the beans. Cook for a minute.
- Add coconut milk, coriander and fish sauce. Then the stock (if desired). Bring to a simmer.
- Add the noodles, and also the cooked chicken.
- Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately in large bowls.