Chocolate Banana Cake
Makes 2 loaves
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp bicarb soda
2 beaten eggs
395g tin condensed milk
50g melted butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line two 21cmx11cm loaf tins with baking paper (or equivalent).
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and soda in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, condensed milk, butter, syrup, vanilla and banana in a separate bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry, and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon into the tins. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
This was a lovely moist cake, and went down well.