Sticky Citrus Chicken
3 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into finger strips
2 tbsp olive oil
juice 1 lemon, plus zest for the rice
1 sweet pepper/capsicum
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
juice 1 orange
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 tbsp clear honey
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
For the rice
200g long grain rice
100g frozen peas
- Toss the chicken in 1 tbsp olive oil, the lemon juice and a little black pepper. Add the chopped sweet pepper.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Add the peas for the remaining 2 minutes.
- In a jug, mix the soy sauce with the orange juice, crushed garlic, and honey.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Stir fry the chicken and pepper for 6-8 minutes.
- Pour the soy mix over the chicken mix, and sprinkle in the sesame seeds. Cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the rice. Stir in the lemon zest and butter. Serve with the citrus chicken.
This is such an easy recipe, but always goes down a treat.