I used fresh cooked silver beet instead of spinach. (We still haven't dug over our inconveniently positioned veggie patch. And of course the more I pick the silver beet, the more it grows! )Apart from that I followed the recipe exactly. Wonders will never cease!
We had these for lunch today - and they were lovely.
Spinach, feta and sundried tomato muffins
Makes 10-12 muffins
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
250g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
200g feta chopped or crumbled
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
250ml can reduced cream
1/2 cup water
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt and pepper into a large bowl.
- Reserve about a quarter of the feta for the topping. Crumble the remaining 3/4 into the dry ingredients, along with the tomatoes.
- Mix milk, egg, and water together in separate bowl or jug. Add the spinach (very well drained) and stir well with a fork.
- Add wet mixture to dry. Mix gently until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Top each muffin with grated parmesan, some crumbled feta and a pinch of paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then turn out of tin. Serve warm or cold.